Router not working can be problematic. Since, all of the aspects of our lives are related to internet today. Any problem or error with the Wi-Fi network not working or devices not being able to connect to the internet can hinder the work. Century Link is one if the best selling router in the market which aims at providing good internet service to its users. Sometimes you face issues like CenturyLink WiFi not working. There can be many reasons due to which you might face error with the network.
Before you can begin to troubleshoot and fix the issues. Let’s have a look at some of the causes due to which you can find Century Link internet not working. It can include slow internet speed, the modem maybe disconnected or trouble connecting to the router. There can be network outage due to bad weather conditions, the cable might get cut, or some error at CenturyLink ends. It can happen due to connecting to the wrong internet connection, the settings on your device might not be configured correctly. The distance between the router and modem too much.
These were some of the probable causes due to which you will find CenturyLink not working. Now, let’s have a look at some of the solutions to fix these issues and errors.
Ways to resolve CenturyLink router not working:
- Try rebooting the router, unplug the device and wait for a minute. Plug in back again and switch on the router.
- You can also restart the device.
- Check for internet connection.
- Login to the router and start the troubleshooting process. It will take up to ten minutes.
- Make sure the device is updated.
- Check if all the cables and wires are plugged in correctly.
- Reset the device back to factory default settings.
Now that your router must be returned to proper functioning. Let’s have a look at the steps for CenturyLink router login. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to login to CenturyLink router:
- Open any web browser in your computer and type the default IP address of the router.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 in the search bar and click enter.
- You will be directed to the login page where you need to enter the login credentials in the given boxes.
- Enter admin as username and password as password. These credentials are case sensitive, type them in the lower case.
- Click ok and you will be logged in to your router.
- Navigate to settings and make the modifications.
As mentioned about, CenturyLink router IP address is necessary to login to your router. The default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1. Then, you can login and configure the settings of the router.